Tuesday, December 30, 2008

[New Year's Eve Eve] Worky work work work. It's a song.

My boss is quite paranoid about people stealing money. Fair enough, it's happened. Though it's also quite hard to get away with it. There are cameras over both the cash registers and the safe. So she doesn't teach people how to close very often and then something happens like tonight: the only people who were available to close were people who worked earlier in the day. My boss actually called and apologised that I hadn't been trained yet. She never trains anyone until a situation like that pops up.

So I was taught how to close tonight. It's not really that hard now that we don't have to count the money at the end of the day. Though I don't know how it's done after it's been put in the safe. You just put together the float for the next day and put the rest of the money in the safe.

Mopping however, created more difficulty. You wouldn't think mopping is too hard, and it's not. Except the blueberry stains are a bitch to get out of the floor. Despite the blueberry and white chocolate scones being delicious. And that's not even the worst part. Basically I think that more water ended up on the floor than in the bucket. Because I spilled it - twice. The back room, which was the first part of the shop that I mopped was still wet at 7:30 when we left. It should be dry by the time the bakers get in though.

No comments: