Saturday, September 6, 2008

[07/09/08] Fuck, it's September already!

I was in the middle of writing a rant about my school on Thursday because I was so distressed about many things. But it wasn't really all that exciting. Just me bitching about my school. Let's just say that if someone asked me if they should send their daughter there right now, I would probably say no, because as far as the administration is concerned, it's about the reputation of the school rather than the benefit of the student. My teachers are great though. It must be luck that I have such wonderful teachers this year.

Also, Friday was actually the best day of my week, despite that I'm convinced that I failed my French SAC. I don't think I've written anything so bad in my entire life. In any language. I now have The IT Crowd Version 1.0 and we finished the maths course. I never have to learn any maths again in my life :D Though I do have to do about 5 chapters in the next 10 days. And write some English essays, some French general conversation (maybe?), do some more stuff on my sources for my detailed study, lots of chemistry and finish my geography. Ugh. This is why the fact that it's September is bad.

Though yesterday was September 6th, which was a year since Meagan and I went to see Switchfoot. So we walked to the milk bar, ate ice cream, sat on the swings and then listened to all the songs that they played. It was a really nice day too. I think it must have been at least 19 degrees (well it's warm for this time of year!). That was the beginning of the day which meant that I spent 40 hours offline. If I'd planned it, I could have done the 40 hour famine and money could have gone towards stopping child sex slavery in India. I think that's what the focus is this year. I should tell my friends that I managed it. I don't know if they'll believe me.

I had an adventure at Chadstone, which gives a whole new meaning to the song "Shopping and Parking" by the Scared Weird Little Guys. Well, they probably wrote that song with Chadstone in mind. Except all the renovations (I swear that shopping centre will never be complete) means that it's even worse. You have to take 5 detours just to get to the car park you want to go to. Also, mum couldn't find the bra bag on Friday, so she gave me money to get a new one from Bras n Things. Then I remembered that Bras n Things was in the wing that is now closed because of renovations and mum said something along the lines of 'good luck'. Luckily I went in via the Hoyts car park and decided I'd just go to the ATM and get some money before looking when lo and behold, it was opposite Trampoline! Or maybe that mini Krispy Kreme stall which I've never seen before. They probably put it there because no one can be bothered going to wherever the shop actually is. Some random entrance. It's near Coles or something.

Anyway, Bras n Things have really nice bikinis, and I have to buy one, so I'll try there first. That's where I got my last one. How random. Then I went to BORDERS!!!!! but I forgot that lovely voucher that they send me in the email. I could have gotten 30% off a full priced book. They didn't have 'Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging', just later books. Oh and the version that's been published in conjunction with the release of the movie, but I don't want that one. So I must travel to other far away lands to find it. And I need to talk to Jasmine about Beedle the Bard release. I'm going to check the release date now. So I bought Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, which is fantastic. Oh I also bought New Way to be Human by Switchfoot at Borders, and it's a really good album. I like it better than Learning to Breathe. Company Car I think is one of their best songs because they're so cynical about the corporate world. Though when are they not?

I also saw my cousin's musical and I went driving (I don't know if there's a funny story this time), but no time to write, I'm a girl on a mission. Though it is a very simple mission that can be solved by Google, it is a mission nonetheless. What a nice word.

No comments: