Sunday, August 3, 2008

[04/08/08] I should be studying...

...because I have 3 assessments this week, one of which is tomorrow! Okay, ideas about Encountering Conflict. Fuuuuuuuuck. This is going to be a relatively short post, as there isn't much to talk about. You may call me Australia Face. Where's the thing that connects my camera to my laptop, I need it. I'll post the photo later. The main thing of significance is that I got my chemistry result today. Oops, I need to give DJ my semester 1 SACs back (as Giles said, SACs should be shot in the face). So basically we got a result for either the exam or the semester. I'll try and discern some information from the little piece of paper. Hmm, it says "Grade 1 result". Not sure what this means. Does it work differently for subjects that have a midyear exam?

Either way, I'll tell a little story. I was sitting with Meagan in French and waiting for it to be over so I could relax at lunchtime. And then she said "one hour until we get our results". Which of course had me freaking out for the rest of the lesson. So she wrote "A+" on my hand, which I took a photo of and want to put here. Either way, I said something along the lines of "if only that were true". And then there was lots of anticipation as Sue (my house co-ordinator) was the last one to come up with the results. I wasn't going to open them until I got home, but I managed to find an area with few people so I could open it by myself. Seriously, if someone hears the opening of an envelope, they run over. Anyway, it was an A+ o_O. For 18 months I have tried and tried and tried to get an A+ in chemistry to no avail... until now.

Also, if you read my post on nerdy strangers the day before that exam, I was kind of freaking out. I sort of had a breakdown the Sunday before the exam when a book tried to tell me why potatoes turn brown. Not particularly interesting and the last thing I care about. Then we had the exam which I thought had too many questions (seriously, 8 short answer questions? 8??? Though I guess 8 is a lucky number - I got 8 in the footy tipping for the third time this season), but I didn't think it was too bad. We went out for lunch afterwards and I worked out that I'd already lost 5 marks. And then afterwards I talked to my mum who said that the students at her school came out in tears and some friends at work didn't finish it. The joys of external examinations. So basically because of that I was really worried that I hadn't done well. I keep looking at that darn piece of paper because it's hard to believe. But I need to keep working, as there is still a semester to go. And I have 5 exams in October/November, not 1.

No comments: