Friday, August 15, 2008

[16/08/08] What is there to say?

My life has been pretty hectic recently - which I did not expect. Um, funerals are funerals. The singing was fine, and my cousin sang For Good from Wicked for the reflection which was great. And I'm seeing her musical in a couple of weeks. They're doing HSM and she's Gabriella, which is hilarious. And then on Thursday night, the worst possible thing happened. My laptop didn't recognise my profile.

So I went back to school and got the security updates, but that didn't do anything, so I took it to the technicians. Let me tell you all, Fujitsu doesn't make good laptops. They're also more expensive than the standard laptop. For instance, two and a half years ago when we bought it, we got it for double the price of the Toshiba that my dad just ordered because his laptop died on Monday. The Toshiba is probably better.

The technicians said they could restore my profile, but the casing was damaged and then I was told to come back after lunch, which I did. The hard drive is damaged and the casing needs to be repaired. Here's the thing though: despite the insurance and stuff, which makes everything much cheaper than a new laptop, I'd much rather a new one, made by a different brand, so long as the hard drive can be recovered. That's what I'm hoping - that my music and my photos will be okay. Things like this really ruin your day.

And I just had to stop Pappy being an ass. Even though that won't happen. Yes, Australia is getting beaten by the USA in the swimming, but we are smaller - our population is 6.78% of theirs. They have a Phelps and we have no Thorpe this year. What happened to Pieter van den Hoogenband from the Netherlands? He was awesome.

Why so serious? I saw the Dark Knight last night, which was thoroughly enjoyable. Heath Ledger was fantastic, so was Christian Bale. And hot. Not much else to say about that. I have read Suite Scarlett, which I loved. As a reader of Maureen Johnson's blog, I have to say that I laughed very hard reading the dedication and acknowledgements. Though reading the name Kate Schafer, I was all "Who? Oh, that's right, Daphne Unfeasible." Though Oscar Gingersnort is mentioned by that name. Also all her author friends including John Green and Scott Westerfeld were mentioned among others.

I went with Amy, and we were in cinema 7. I also bought Juno and she told me that I was a platypus, which I love to be told all the time. That was the first time that that has ever happened to me though.

Switchfoot is on the Max Countdown - 2383, Dare You To Move. I must go and sing and dance. I wonder which version this is - there are about four. They're much younger in the clip. Four versions: the original, which is on Learning to Breathe, the one on A Walk to Remember, the one on The Beautiful Letdown and the radio version. Didn't say on the clip. It wasn't the one on Learning to Breathe, because I have that album. There's some useless blabber.

Now it's Too Lost in You by the Sugababes. I might go back to listening while I do some more probability homework.

No comments: