Sunday, August 10, 2008

[10/08/08] Driving with Leah is fun!

So mum and I went up to Monash uni, which is where we always go, and we were doing the usual Blackburn road thing and I got distracted by an overtaking truck. Now I want to find that clip from Thank God You're Here in Season One where they're Big Brother housemates and I think it's Frank Woodley says "I nominate Hamish (or some other person, I forget who) because in the middle of the night, he gets up and shines his torch in my face and yells TRUCK!!!!!!" Now I've managed to distract myself from the actual blog post... oh yeah. So there was a truck and it was turning right, and I was all "ooers, he's going the same place we are", and mum said "no, he's going to the freeway". And I missed my turnoff, which I found the most hilarious thing in the world. Because I thought our turn off was after the freeway, but it was before. Lol. So I sort of drove home. Well I got up to Chadstone and mum was all "let's go to the residential streets because it's this certain time on a Sunday night", even though I'd gotten home from there at that time on a weeknight, which is crazier, because it's peak hour. Oh, and then I missed another turnoff.

What else? Work was fucking cold. That's an understatement. Compared to today, 15 degrees is practically summer. Yes, I work in a bakery, but on a day like today, when it's supposedly 5 degrees outside (as it was 5 degrees in the city, it was cooler here), it makes no difference. The ovens have no effect out the front. The shop is open to the street and when it's windy and raining, it's not fun. And there's this corner of the shop that's always colder. Anyway, I was talking to my boss, as I always do, and I told her that we had a heaters off day for global warming and such and she said "Why would you do that? You should do it in summer!" I don't think I've laughed that hard for a while. Oh, and the news said that this has been one of Melbourne's coldest days in a while. I just don't know how long. Probably a couple of years, at least. Which proves my point

I am helping Amy with organising her 18th, and there's a "How well do you know Amy?" quiz. I get to write the questions for the MSN category. One of them concerns the treasure map, which I'll put here, and the other one concerns the time Lizy said something along the lines of "AMY! What do you mean you had sex on the couch?" Also, I find it very amusing that Amy calls Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Novac Djokovic "Roughy, Roger and Slinky"


I just got so distracted by YouTube. I was looking for that clip of Thank God You're Here, got distracted by Hamish Blake and then found a hilarious Summer Heights High clip of Mr G's class playing Thank God You're Here. The other significant thing that's happened is that I've been writing my yearbook page, as well as my novel. Yes, I'm writing a novel, it's pretty fun. And I was going to write a lot more about it here, but I won't.


And "Bras, the musical" will happen.

So I will put a clip of Thank God You're Here in this post. The one with Josh Lawson as the fireman. He's awesome at it. Why can't that show come back this year? Also, is the Chaser taking a year off as well? That would suck. And I want Gruen back. Or more IT Crowd, though they need to film season 3. Or Torchwood.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I think some of the songs should include:

"All bras go bad" - rather self explanatory
"That one thing EVERY male fails at" - in which males are mocked at their inability to undo bras
and
"I just want to be comfortable" - a song which would be that sad song that comes up before something amazingly wonderful happens.