Friday, August 8, 2008

[09/08/08] This was going to be about the Opening Ceremony

Which was amazing by the way. I loved the whole concept, particularly the drawing thing, that was amazing. And it was fun laughing about the Chinese Nikki Webster with Kat. And Tom came on MSN every once in a while. And I spoke to the Amy child briefly. I loved most of it, but the parading on of all the countries takes too long. As does them walking around with the flag. Oh, being the nerd that I am, I calculated the percentage of China's population that is in their Olympic team. It's something like 0.000045%. But the end of the torch relay was, and I quote "epic fucking win". They lifted him up in the air and then the big torch and there was the gunpowder thing that they do in the movies and it was a spiral and epically awesome.


So what else happened on 888? At 11:30 pm my great grandmother died. And it was more of a shock than anything else. She was a sprightly 99 year old, and the healthiest person in her nursing home, with the exception of the nun who is 100. Of all the relatives that have died in my life, she is the only one who wasn't sick. She always said that that's the way she wanted to go, and if only it was that way for all of us. There are several thoughts going through my head about this, and I haven't sorted them out entirely yet. The main problem when she died of course was getting in contact with my mum's cousin (she's mum's grandmother - yes, I'm using present tense) who is a priest and currently overseas, because it's only right that he conducts the service. So there will probably be more thoughts about this on nerdy strangers on Wednesday.

No comments: